Roasted Potatoes with Veggie Tumeric Curry
What to do with a bunch of potatoes? I needed to search around to see what tasty dishes I could make. I found this recipe from The Garlic Diaries blog. It was an interesting take to first roast the potatoes and then combine to make the curry.
I chose not to combine as I thought it would make the crispy potatoes soggy by the time I got to eating them next week. I used the same curry recipe, but since I had 1/2 lbs. more potatoes I added more vegetable broth to the mixture. I regret doing that since I didn’t end up mixing the potatoes into the gravy and the gravy was watery even after adding a bunch of vegetables.
Here’s how I changed up the ingredients a bit to suit my tastes:
- 2.5 pounds potatoes
- 2 cups of diced onion or any other alliums, roughly diced
- 1.5 tsp garlic paste
- 1½ teaspoons fresh ginger paste
- 1 jalapeno, half of the seeds in tact, minced
- 1-13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- For the curry powder blend:
- ½ teaspoon ground yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- Frozen vegetables: 1.5-2 cups of cauliflower, 1 cup of peas
- 1 cup of carrot sticks
For the future, 2.5 potatoes just about filled up a half sheet tray. It looked like it would’ve just about filled up the amount of gravy I made and evenly coated.